twitter
    Nasal Aspirator Wholesae Supplier

Thursday, May 26, 2016

What is the dumbest 100% serious thing someone has said to you?

I used to work at Best Buy and I had a customer (lady in her 30s) come in with her plasma television on the flat cart . She says "I need the a plasma refill " . So I give the ol customer service fake laugh because I thought it had to be a joke , but the look on her face and pissed tone showed that she was serious . I took her to the home theatre department and from a distance I can hear her going off about "plasma refill prices" or "shouldn't the warranty cover the plasma"?I was once making small talk with an acquaintance, and I told her I'd flown out to visit my family in Korea over the summer. She got this smug grin on her face and said, "You can't fly to Korea. It's an island."

Edit: it's definitely a stretch to say she was making a clever allusion to geopolitics or north korea. in fact, I'm not even sure if she knows there are two Koreas. no idea what she was trying to say.All I can imagine is that she got Korea confused with Japan, and then also had a mental lapse and mixed up flying with driving. One of those is forgivable, I guess?Years ago while working at a cafe a couple came up to me and asked if Saddam Hussein was Russian. The Iraq War had just begun so I snickered and said, "Of course not." The boyfriend turned to his girlfriend with a smug, victorious look and said, "See? I told you he was German."

Here in the UK we get a lot of American kid's shows, especially big ones like Spongbob, Animaniacs, etc. These shows normally have a 4th of July special about the Declaration (and War) of Independence.With that as the topic of conversation, this is genuinely a discussion I had with someone when we were 14.Me: "The Simpsons made a joke about that during (episode about the 4th of July I forget the name of)"Friend: "Yeah I watched that one. The British sound like dicks""it's really dangerous to take only half an ecstasy pill. Sometimes the pills aren't actually ecstasy, it's like 50% speed and 50% heroin. So if you only take half, you might accidentally take JUST the speed or JUST the heroin half, which makes it way more dangerous".

That was actually taught to my class during D.A.R.E. One half was supposedly the "balancing out" half, so taking even half could kill you. What they failed to realize is that they just told kids to take more drugs. "You aren't allowed to take just half; you have to take the whole thing."A drive-thru girl heard me speaking my language on the phone when I was waiting for my food and she kept saying it was cool that I was bilateral. I asked if she was referring to triangles or something but she said "No, bilateral like a person".One night I was working at tbell. This girl comes through the drive thru absoultly hammered. She was destroyed. She kept yelling at us to give her french fries. I just kept telling her that we do not sell french fries. Finally my manager comes over and gives her a side of the Fiesta potatoes and says that these are Mexican french fries. Almost cried I was laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment