I just received silicone elastic shoelaces and am very pleased with this purchase so far. I do wish they were a little less expensive but will see if they hold up and last long enough to make it worth the cost. So far they work great in my rockport shoes. I a was always double knotting my laces to keep them from coming untied but not any longer. It takes no time at all to put my shoes on now and no more struggling to untie a double knot at the end of the day, you just slip the shoe right off in seconds. Mine came with 14 of the color i picked and 2 additional ones that were of a different color, once I laced up my shoe with them I still had 6 left over.
My main reason to purchase these was out of lazyness and a hatred of wasting time tying my shoes, I'm not a runner or anything extreme. I've used these for about a year now and purchased a second pair for another pair of shoes. Before getting these I was on the fence about them but after wearing them in my shoes for an entire year I can recommend them. NOTE: Try several different lace patterns to get your fit right. It took me 3 tries to get a good feel that was tight and lose where I wanted it to be. They also get a little looser over time so you might need to readjusted the pattern after half a year like I did. I've had a couple of them rip due to wear and tear but they give you several extras in the package. I admittedly don't take care of my shoes or laces at all and they may have failed because I have a tendency to rub my feet together or clumsily smash them into rocks, steps, branches, and other sharp things. One of my initial fears was they may look goofy but they look just like normal laces with a tucked in bow, nobody has noticed them with out me bring up the topic.

No comments:
Post a Comment