Hickies - Most expensive. Easy to insert, latch securely once in place. Available in many colors, One size fits all, may not work for younger children. Equal length with lots of stretch to fit any sneakers. If you want a true "laces" look, they're not for you. I chose to embrace the multi-color look, which makes no attempt to look like true laces (the latching post isn't the same color as the lace in the multi-color set). I've been wearing these for 2 years in my casual sneakers.These are so AWESOME! I never knew something like this existed before and am so glad to have found them! I am one of those people who hate to tie their shoes, but I love my Chucks. I hate the way it looks to have a knot and bow at the top, and usually tuck the lace ends in. Unfortunately, the lace ends never stay in, no matter what I've tried to keep them in the side (see my second picture, the left shoe shows the lace end starting to slide out). They always slide out and I'm so nit-picky and do not like the unclean look. These are exactly what I needed! I posted pictures of some of the patterns that came with the laces. There is also another type of weave that I will try next. I really like these and will definitely purchase them when I need more. They are flexible and pretty easy to fit into the lace holes. Also, because they are some kind of rubbery silicon plastic type material, they will probably be super easy to clean and keep shiny white :)
I like to wear loafers. I like to wear sneakers on weekends and days off. I sometimes like taking my shoes off in a movie theater or dimly lit restaurant. So, when I took a look at the Homar Elastic No Tie Athletic Shoelaces, they seemed like something that could make my footwear choices a lot easier. After trying them out for a few days, I've discovered that they aren't perfect, but they're a big improvement on what I had been wearing.
The Homar "laces" are actually a set of eight pairs of rubberized strips with a silicone coating. They are smooth on the side that faces down when laced, and ridged on the side that faces out. The laces come in 12 different colors and in adult and children's sizes. The set I was sent to try was multi-colored, Creative Design Silicone Shoelaces Wholesale with eight different colors, most of them rather bright. In all honesty, the multi-colored laces would not have been my first choice, but I was testing a complimentary sample. For someone looking for laces that would be more inconspicuous, the white, brown, or black laces might be preferable.The strips are about as wide as an average shoelace and 1/4" wide. They range in length from about 1 1/4" for the shortest lace to 2 1/2" for the longest lace. The seller says the laces clean easily, and that appears to be the case. You should be able to get dirt, mud, or gunk off with a moist cloth.
No doubt, these will replace standard shoelaces. When my children were young, I taught them how to double tie, but still worried that they would trip on the remaining length of laces. Though I cringe when subsequent generations have no need to tell time (with digital watches / clocks), and some parents celebrated not having to read to their children anymore (won't mention any toys that can read - ugh!), I believe the safety factor of non-tie shoelaces will outweigh my belief that teaching children how to tie their shoes is one of the joys of parenting.
Overall, I've been pleased with these laces. I wish the longest lace were a bit longer so I wouldn't have to worry about it popping out with these sneakers, but it's still a definite improvement over having to tie and re-tie the laces every time they came undone. The bright colors may not be to some people's liking, but I'm not overly concerned with how my shoes look like when I'm at the grocery store or a movie. The laces seem durable. Despite the stretching I've put them through, they don't show any signs of tearing. Generally, people's sneakers are their most casual shoes, and the Homar shoelaces makes putting a pair on and off that much easier. These shoelaces definitely won't wind up tying you in knots.

No comments:
Post a Comment