twitter
    Nasal Aspirator Wholesae Supplier

Monday, June 13, 2016

What Microsoft's E3 conference in a nutshell

Project Scorpio is going to be like the enthusiast Xbox. The super Xbox. It's going to actually play 4k games (not just video playback of blu-rays), and is promising insane performance.I say good luck to Microsoft, because I don't think we'll see 4K/60fps from any console for less than $800. And for that price, you should just build a PC.I'm not sure that mid-20's-to-30's with disposable income counts as a "niche" market. That actually sounds like the primary market for entertainment as a whole.Now if i can just keep myself from going on a drunken online shopping spree for the next two years i should be able to afford one by then. So, im never going to own one.

At $600-$800 you're able to get a nice mid-range PC especially with the VR-ready AMD RX480 coming out at $199. No Xbox Gold subscriptions, better selection of games, more game sales, more choices of peripherals and just more overall capabilities. For most people willing to spend $600+ on a gaming system are probably going to do enough research to prefer a PC.That being said, a 6 or 7 hundred dollar machine capable of 4k and VR is actually fairly impressive (actually performance pending).I'm sorry I'm totally out of the loop, so I'm not disagreeing with you when I ask or anything, but why is this considered a niche option? Is it just too expensive for the average person? Not enough games coming out, or the peripherals needed to get benefits From its features capabilities are too expensive?

The S is just a slim. Bigger drive, way smaller body, internal power brick (thank fuck). It's 4K capable in the fact that it can output 4K video, but it almost definitely will not be able to play any games in any resolution even close to 4K. It also supports HDR TVs.Maybe not $800 but I think that MS will try and place it as a premium device so they will not shy away from a high price tag. The Xbox One S will be the one they expect most people buy while the Scorpio will be treated as luxury item. Similar to how smartphone companies have been pushing for the existence of premium phones. Also, if they do deliver on the tech even $800 might not be so bad. They never promised 4K@60fps, even if they mentioned both terms independently, but if for some reason scorpio would end up delivering that then $800 would still be a reasonable price.

Given a normal controller is $50, $150 isn't unreasonable by any means. 3 interchangeable sticks, a 10 ft high quality braided USB cable, 4 paddles with button remapping for the whole controller, 2 stops for each trigger, controller grips, sturdier materials, 2 d-pads, soft touch matte black paint job, the ability to change trigger sensitivity, stick sensitivity, save button layout profiles, and, to top it off, everything goes in a case. Anyone is insane if they don't think that's a justifiable price. Especially considering how much Scuf will charge to mod your already owned controller and do a shittier job.Developers need to put a ton more money and time into developing for and testing the better version. If a small amount of people dish out the cost of the revised hardware no developer would waste the time unless Microsoft makes them.

I wouldn't say dumb, but most people I know don't even know how to build a PC or let alone know which specs to get for a decent PC. Look at Walmart or Bestbuy most of their PC's don't even have a decent GPU to play games properly. Also I might trade my Xbox one for the Scorpio if the hardware is pretty good for a console. I enjoy playing games but the game varies on what platform my friends play it on.I mean, it's kind of just a minor update for people who haven't bought an Xbox One yet and don't want Scorpio. It's nice that it's thinner and will stand upright. Every manufacturer has done mid-cycle updates on consoles for similar aesthetic reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment